The museum was founded in 1929 by the Silesian Sejm, while the region was recovering from the Silesian Uprisings. In the interbellum, the Silesian Museum was one of the biggest museums in Poland. The Nazis however brought the collection to Bytom and tore the building down in 1940. In 1984 the museum was reinstated in the former Grand Hotel. In 2015 a new campus was opened on the site of the former Katowice mine founded by Carl Lazarus Henckel von Donnersmarck including old extant buildings.
Dobrowolskiego 1, 40-205 Katowice, 波兰 工业文明#建筑艺术#文化设施 卡托维兹